Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Ill Doctrine" video re: sexist gamer dudes



Thanks to my friend Sarah F. for sharing this on Facebook. "If you need to show off your debating skills and try to make fetch happen, there's plenty of other times for that." Love it!

My personal experience with the "sandwich joke" - I enjoy cooking and baking, and I often find it useful to feed my players. They have less time to complain when their faces are full of cupcakes. Once, I was hosting and a male "friend" of mine was the only one who hadn't had dinner. Being the kind soul that I am, I offered to make him something. While I thew together some peanut butter and jelly, he stood besides me chuckling. When I asked him what was so funny, he said, "You're in the kitchen. Making me a sandwich." I didn't get it at first, but when I figured out that he found this funny because I was a WOMAN... well, it hurt. But I didn't say anything. What I should've said was, "Oh- so you wanted spit in this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment